2012-2013 Jon Henderson Memorial Scholarship
The Jon Henderson Memorial Scholarship Fund was set up at the request of Jon Henderson, a dear friend who passed away at the early age of 48 due to cancer. Jon was a member of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity at San Diego State University. As a Fraternity brother, he grew within the Fraternity but also developed very dear friends who remained close until the day he died. Jon served on the Fraternity’s “Executive Committee” and also lived in the Chapter House.
The Jon Henderson Memorial Scholarship is open to:
- Southern California residents who are currently in school at either the undergraduate or graduate levels and is in good standing with the Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- Must be in good standing with their school
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Be a United States citizen or permanent legal resident
- Served in a leadership role within the fraternity
- Demonstrate a commitment to serving the community
- Past recipients may re-apply and will compete with all other applicants
This scholarship may be used for tuition, books, fees, room & board, and educational supplies.
Average # of awards: 4 Average amount of award: $2,500
Checklist for the Jon Henderson Memorial Scholarship:
- Common Scholarship Application with supporting materials
For more information, or to apply, please visit: